Saturday, March 10, 2018

Hello world!

About two months ago I applied for a Ph.D. in Linguistics. While waiting for a response, I decided that if I was accepted into the program, I was going to begin studying Computer Science in my "spare" time. I was really excited about combining my love of language with my passion for technology.

Be that as it may, I was denied admission to the program. Although I was not happy with the outcome, I accepted and embraced the reality of my situation and kept my focus on the future.

Since then, I have dedicated a good deal of time to watching videos, reading articles, running through tutorials, and so on. I also researched the seemingly endless number of options for teaching myself.

After setting up accounts with a number of providers, I decided to invest some significant time and money at EdX.org.

Open EdX in a new window:
Free Online Courses! Advance Your Career. Improve Your Life.

I am currently enrolled in CS50 through HarvardX. It is a free course that provides the option of paying for a certification route. Pending successful completion of the (very in-depth) course, I will thusly earn a certificate of completion from Harvard.

I am excited about where this adventure may lead.

Cheers,

Austin C.

#include <cs50.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
    int i = get_int("Integer: ")
    printf("Hello, %i\", i)

}

No comments:

Post a Comment

SQL

I've hit a wall in my SQL studies via the Khan Academy, and as such, I am engaging in additional studies prior to attempting to move for...