Wednesday, March 14, 2018

argc / argv

My introduction to Computer Science class through Harvard is more difficult than I thought it would be. True enough, I should have anticipated that any class at Harvard would be challenging, but one of my character defects is an over-inflated sense of ego, and I made the false assumption that it wouldn't be that difficult. Lesson learned. Despite being an introductory course, I don't really have a background in writing code. I know HTML, but that's a mark-up language and doesn't really count as an actual programming language.

In short, I have stepped away from my intro course and started focusing entirely on the language of C. I'm going to do this for at least several days before returning to the content provided by Harvard. I was able to slowly work my way through the first few assignments, but when tasked with completing the following, I hit a wall. I'm building a ladder.


On the brightside, the following example makes sense to me now!!! A few weeks ago? An hour ago? Nope! Now? Yes indeed my friends!
_________________________________________________________________________________

The name of the variable argc stands for "argument count"; argc contains the number of arguments passed to the program. The name of the variable argv stands for "argument vector". A vector is a one-dimensional array, and argv is a one-dimensional array of strings.

argc and argv - The GNU C Programming Tutorial

crasseux.com/books/ctutorial/argc-and-argv.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

SQL

I've hit a wall in my SQL studies via the Khan Academy, and as such, I am engaging in additional studies prior to attempting to move for...