Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Hello Java

I am currently enrolled in a variety of computer science courses, one of which is focused entirely on Java. I'm writing this post to serve as a digital mile marker.  As with so many other courses, one of the first tasks was to write, build, and run a Hello World app. The build went fine, however, I could not run the program. I am new to IntelliJ and had to configure the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). It took me longer than I would like to admit. Just the same, here I am, publically admitting it. Why? Because I am a passionate life-long learner, and mistakes are great teachers. That, and I'm really happy that I was able to figure it out. And now, I know how. It's now and forever one more thing that I've learned on my path to becoming a computer scientist. The feeling that I get from those moments of success is a large part of the reason that I am on this current path. I love overcoming such challenges. I cannot wait to be able to envision something and take it from my mind, through the computer, and into cyberspace.





No comments:

Post a Comment

SQL

I've hit a wall in my SQL studies via the Khan Academy, and as such, I am engaging in additional studies prior to attempting to move for...