Sunday, July 15, 2018

Data Science Specialization = My New Focus

I am focusing entirely on Data Science for the next year. I really liked studying HTML5, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, SQL, C, and more, but alas I must focus. I must focus on one thing and learn to do it well. That thing is Data Science.

I recently received a scholarship that covered the $50.00 required to take The Data Scientist's Toolbox from Coursera via Johns Hopkins, for which I am truly grateful. However, it was just an intro to the comprehensive specialization and I finished what was presented as a four-week course in two sittings. I am trying to accept that it will all be a joyful uphill journey from here and just have fun with the process as a whole. Never before have I so thoroughly enjoyed the learning process.

The following excerpt is from a free lesson via DataCamp:




Vectors are one-dimension arrays that can hold numeric data, character data, or logical data. In other words, a vector is a simple tool to store data. 

In R, you create a vector with the combine function c(). You place the vector elements separated by a comma between the parentheses. 

For example:
numeric_vector <- c(1, 2, 3)
character_vector <- c("a", "b", "c")

Once you have created these vectors in R, you can use them to do calculations.


Link to the course: DataCamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

SQL

I've hit a wall in my SQL studies via the Khan Academy, and as such, I am engaging in additional studies prior to attempting to move for...